- Since I have been to western countries and lived with them for a while, very often my friends used to ask which culture is best.
- Before going to
, I used to say that how can a couple live together with out a formal bonding like marriage. Its absolutely crazy. Where is the commitment? UK
- When I was discussing with one of my Irish friends in
, he said, how can you guyz marry a girl without knowing her. To be precise, how can you have sex with a girl whom you know nothing about. Sex is very intimate thing and you cant have it with strangers. Its absolutely crazy. UK
- Though I minced words without knowing what to answer, it did provoke me to think.
- We strongly believe our culture, values and procedures are completely right. And so do they.
- In my opinion we don’t have to say some culture is right or otherwise. If we clearly observe, we can sense every culture is well balanced and they enjoy few things at the cost of few other. I will explain this with an example as it is too dry to understand. In western countries, they have individual freedom at the peak. We can see maturity of life and discipline within people even at the age of twelve. But the inter familial relationship is widened. If you put it the other way, it our culture. I hope now you understood what I mean as balance in culture.
- Now in India, there seems to be a new breed of people who wants to lead western life keping one leg in India with out knowing the intricasies of both the cultures. I believe they would only end up being called a human mule.
Image courtesy: http://www.connersvine.com/