Pink Chaddi doesnt suit me


  • I never support separatists for their narrow minded ideologies and the barbarian methods they use to implement it. Particularly when they beat women, going to pub, I felt it is totally inhuman.
  • I remember reading 'pub going broad/ forward women'. I cant call a woman broad minded or forward just because she goes to pub. Being forward is different and it takes a lot. Though I severely condemn the act of beating women who goes to pub, I cant support them to get the freedom to go to pub as the cause is not noble.(But the episode of sending pink chaddi is very funny).
  • I am not particularly against pub going ladies but I wouldn’t approve of few people who pretend to follow western culture because they think westerners are well mannered and their culture is superior to Indian culture. I have been with lots of western friends and I love and cherish their culture but we need to understand every culture by its pros and cons.
  • What is a culture? When human race begun to live in groups, the leader or philosopher or ruler should have laid a set of rules to bring order in the group or to take the group one step forward in life or for his own selfishness. The rules that were made by wise people and which were more appealing stayed long enough to survive the current AD.
  • Long long ago (so long ago :)) western people explored the external life for their happiness, while people in India explored the world which was inside a human being, to achieve the same. The people who did that were called as saints. Since the rulers of India had trusted their wisdom, they created a new post called Rajaguru and every decision was made in approval of them. I believe most of the Indian culture shaped through this.
  • Because it is handled by variety of people these many years, the philosophies of the culture were distorted naturally. Few well thought interactive lessons became mere rituals. Few sects of people, to ensure their suvival, added some unnecessary procedures using people's fear. Few of the esteemed procedures were treated as barbaric as there is no one to explain the reason behind that.
  • If you prefer better management of external life you need to choose western way of life. If you are interested in finding the real meaning of life and exploring the inner self, Indian culture would be the best. But if we follow Indian culture, we should be brave enough to question all the nonsense that it has accumulated over the years or else we would fail in understanding the core.
  • Two points we need to remember though. There is no culture inferior or superior to one another. But If we follow something, we need to follow it fully and only after understanding it clearly. We should not follow it just because ‘Johnny follows and me too’. And also we can’t keep one leg on Indian culture and another on western as few people here do now. That is really disgusting.

8 comments:

Shankar said...
June 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shankar said...
June 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM

'Life Isn’t a furnace that's burning you,but its the one which is transforming you into pure silver.'
thnx for ur comment sir...
But these are not my words. I dont know how many of us read frozen thoughts book. This book brings the prophet inside each man.
My past was bad.But now i have changed. Just i want to share the words of TT Rangarajan...he is a great legend...

Shankar said...
June 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM

excellent post... this clarifies what our culture is... what western culture is... great work.. u will get the best political blog award..i vote for u...

Bharathi said...
June 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Thanks for your comment and your vote. I would appreciate if you can post some blog like FT.

grover vipul said...
June 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM

well reading this post, i cant help bt call u an empathic libertarian.. thts wat i call myslf as u mst hav seen on my blog.. nice 2 meet a fellow ideologue:)

Bharathi said...
June 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM

@ Grover Vipul: Yes. I did read your blog. I added you because I thought you have sharp and unbiased ideas. Your comment would help me sharpen my thinking. Keep visiting. Thanks a lot for your comment.

Shilpa said...
October 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Dear Bharthi ji,

First of all, i know i am commenting sooo late here. But i had nothing to do so i started reading your old posts and hence came across this one.

I won't use quotations and big words here like others because i don't know how to use them, I don't even know if this post clarifies ours or western culture or not and i also don't know if you are also a empathic libertarian like vipul.
Therefore my question might sound very childish or something similar to that to you but i need to ask.

You are right that going to pubs,clubs and other such places don't make anyone broad minded.I agree completely with it.

You said, "I cant support them to get the freedom to go to pub as the cause is not noble."
This is something i want to question about. Yes it isn't a noble cause, but why only women are not supported. The harms that alcohol and smoking causes is equal to a man as well as a woman. so, both should not be supported to drink or smoke.right??

I have seen people who on seeing a man who smokes, say, "This is a good man but has a bad habit of smoking."
those very same people on seeing a woman who smokes,say ,"this cheap bitch is such a slut."

When a man smokes, he is still a good man with just one bad habit but if a woman smokes,she becomes characterless. why so?

hope you won't mind my comment and sorry for words that i used.

ps: and episode of sending a chaddi(doesn't matter what colour it had) was funny.


shilpa

Bharathi said...
October 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

@ Shilpa: I could simply finish commenting 'I agree'. I think I havnt contradicted this anywhere in the post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin