Who am I ?


These are the few observations I made on the man in the mirror. I don’t know if I am a normal man to carry on with so much of hatred. What do you think is the solution? Please go through the rest of the post and let me know what kind of a man I am.

  1. I get very angry when people block and damage the road for their family function by erecting shamiyana. They don’t even feel little guilty to let the passers come all the way till their home and take a U turn as the road is blocked.
  2. I hate driving. It tests me a lot. I get extremely restless if a vehicle parked occupying 3/4th of the road not letting other vehicle to pass or when they life threateningly overtake another vehicle or when they wait in the signal at the right corner of the road to take left turn or when two bus drivers in the opposite direction halt in the mid way to speak few words with out caring other vehicles behind or in night when they don’t use dim light inspite of so many repeated signals or when they start buzzing horns when there is already 4 seconds left for green signal.
  3. I feel very bad when I see trash sprayed everywhere on the road and when they use every bit of dark and isolated place for pissing shitting and spitting.
  4. I immediately develop loathe when someone unnecessarily poke their nose and give sarcastic comments on other person’s family or intimate issues. Isn’t this very common here. They also ask few questions knowing that it would embarrass others. (for example enquiring about babies for those who don’t have a baby)
  5. I hate people when they treat partially based on money and power. (Everyone is like that. I don’t know how many people I should hate).
  6. I feel totally disgusted to see corruption everywhere. Either if you go to police station to complain on a lost property or even if you drive simply on road, or if you have to get some work done in a government office everyone needs money. And the authority in which they demand money is absolutely stunning.
  7. Apart from the corruption the laziness and rude behaviour of government staff in bank, telephone exchange, RTO office, passport office and other government offices makes me go wild at times. They don’t have a set procedure for documentation. First time when you submit documents they say you should have a proof of identity. Second time when you go with passport they say oh we don’t accept passport, we need ration card. Third time when you go with ration card they say you should bring your partner also here to sign. I think they are looking for important paper as in film ‘Indian’ (Mukkiyamana paper illa sir). See how innocent I am.
  8. The first thing I do before I land in Chennai is to prepare myself for a fight with over greedy and cheat autorikshaw drivers. I have to keep my face as if I am suffering from constipation and use rude high sounding words to keep them under control. I hate this.
  9. I get a mixed feeling when our politicians make stunts like Kalaignar’s fasting for srlankan tamils and Jayalalitha’s promise of separate eelam.
  10. I cant stand separatists whether it is for religion or caste or state or language. I don’t know why people tend to associate everything under the sun with abundance emotion. Language is an instrument to speak. Religion is just to help human being for better understanding of life. No more than that. Understand people.
  11. Above all, the fact that worries me a lot is that no people in this country can lead a peaceful and respectful life if they don’t have any sort of influence. They should either have more money or should know some politically powerful person to save themselves from all sorts of humiliation. I don’t think this is normal.

I get headache when I come across many of the above in a single day. Now tell me, am I a psycho or Che Guevara style angry young man (If you are outraged, you are one among us), or a cynic or a critic or a normal person , or a curmudgeon, or an unpleasant person or a paranoid or disabled or anything else. Who am I?

Note: I believe the picture suited this article very well. isnt it? :-))

Image Courtesy: http://static.seekingalpha.com


5 comments:

Shankar said...
June 19, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Frankly speaking you are born to lead... Why dont u try ur hand in politics??? lol...

Instead of asking these questions and saying about these problems to others,each one has to ask themselves these questions..am i occupying 3/4th of the raod while parking? being a goverment staff ami lazy?etc..etc.. so that everything can change...

Bharathi said...
June 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM

@ Shankar: I actually dont feel anything we can aquire by birth other than looks and may be few emotions. Everything else is taken/ learned here. every one are absolutely equal in all traits. But I would like to thank a lot for your faith in me.

Regarding politics, you can read my following post. http://clickbharathi.blogspot.com/2009/05/politics-and-me.html

Gautam said...
June 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM

i read both your posts ...n i guess your just another complaining common man..:D...sorry if it sounds harsh..:))

Bharathi said...
June 22, 2009 at 8:50 AM

@ Gautam: You don't have to be sorry. Its only me who provoked response in the post and gotta get ready for any sort of comments. Thanks for visiting and giving an honest comment though.

Attitude tees said...
October 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Hi, your post is useful but this image is very funny! ha ha........

Blog Widget by LinkWithin