8 Marvels - About me!! (Tag)

Shruti tagged me with this 8 marvels about me tag. Let me see how it goes.


8 TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH

Generally I hate TV shows. Unnatural over reactive serial actors, reality shows that urge the participants to act awkwardly, trying to 'act smart' contestants and kala master absolutely gives me a headache. I would strongly recommend to penalize the entire team of Aaditya TV who indulge in the weird behaviour disturbing people like lunatics.
Though I like few rare shows, I dont see it continuously for reasons that I dont know. May be laziness or lack of time or both.

I dont think this would reach the count eight. lemme try.

>>News (I watch when something interesting happens. Or I flip channel in a couple of minutes after reading the running lines)

>>Any thing about Lion, tiger and snakes in geographic or discovery.

>>Any comedy scenes

>>Interesting shows like amazing videos

>>I do watch if there is some good song in any channel

>>I generally like to watch movies. (But now I prefer watching it in DVDs because of increasing number of advt. spending twice the time of the movie to watch it isnt a wise idea i think.

>>I watch cricket (and little bit of football because of my European friends)

>>See I told you I cant complete 8 points.


8 FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT

>>Venu Biriyani hotel Coimbatore

>>Saravana Bhavan (Chennai)

>> Ponnuswamy (chennai)

>>Velan (Tiruppur)

>>Turkish Pizza shop located outside my then Edinburgh house (The cheese and chips hmmmm mouth watering)

>>Infront of TV

>>With friends

>>In dining hall

>>You actually need to appreciate my creativity in filling up the last three :-)


8 THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY

Oops. I forgot most of my yesterday. is that a disease? I will try my best neverhteless.

>>Attended my friend's wedding in Rajapalayam. (last) Happiest day in his life :-)

>>Crossed atleast 15 cities and town to reach my place. (I gotta write like this. or else I cant fill 8 points)

>>Had a nice discussion about life with one of my close relative cum friend whom I met after a long time.

>>For one full day I didnt get any phone calls from my office or suppliers. (Thanks to Ganesh Chaturti)

>>Met my college friends after a long time to find out all in round shape.

>>Was worrying for the fact that I am not finding time to write my next post.

>>Got nice feeling when I fell to the bed as I was extreamly tired driving 500 Kms in one and a half days.

>>I coudnt enjoy onion dosa as my stomach was already full with heavy lunch.


8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO

>>My plan of life that you will come to know in my next post.

>>to get wiser

>>to get more and more orders from my clients.

>>to write atleast one good post which fulfills all my expectations.

>>To meet a completely enlightened person.

>>To complete my next post atleast tomorrow.

>>To spend some quality time with my kid and wife

>>Read the second point as third to count 8 (please)


8 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT WINTER

>>Beautiful girls drawing Kolam infront of house amidst the light spread whiteness of snow

>>My birth day

>>The extra 5 minutes sleep after pressing snooze inside the blanket

>>Sweat free full day.

>>Happy two wheeler journey because of lack of sun

>>The god songs from the nearby temple and the sakara pongal (It brings me the memory of my childhood days)

>>Long, extra hot warm water bath

I genuinely completed this one I guess.


8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST

I feel '8 things I am looking farward to' and this one is quite similar. So please accept my ditto.


8 THINGS AM PASSIONATE ABOUT

>>Blog (At the moment)

>>My thirst for knowlege

>>My philosophical books and CDs

>>My business

>>My family

>>My friends

>>Speaking with intellectual people on topics like politics and philosphy.

>>I should have written 'Philosophical CD's as another point to reach 8.

8 WORDS OR PHRASES I USE OFTEN

>>Shit

>>Fuck

>>Damn it

>>Enna koduma sir ithu (tamil)

>>oops

>>Excellent

>>Fundastic

>>Super


8 THINGS LEARNT FROM PAST

>>No one can lead respectful life without performing his own duties .

>>There is no perfect person in this world

>>My mind will never get satisfied by getting what ever I want

>>There is nothing called ideal match

>>the objective of life is 'learning'

>>Mind plays major role in happiness and sadness

>>Life is mystery

>>Dont expect anything from anyone and you will be happy


8 PLACES I WOULD LOVE TO GO OR VISIT OR SEE

>>South Africa

>>Japan

>>USA

>>Maldives

>>Antartica (Yeah I m sure)

>>Any where. A long trip in a luxury cruise

>>Heaven (yes again)

>>Hell (Why not. I wanna see it, if it is there)


8 THINGS I CURRENTLY NEED OR WANT

>>Money (you can find why I said this in my next post)

>>A cigerette (But unfortunately I quit smoking)

>>Peace

>>Pollution free atmosphere

>>A nice long holiday

>>Earbud

>>A nice beautiful secretary (I know my wife would object)

>>I am happy that my needs are limited. I only asked for seven


Finally I finished this. Normally I don't tag anyone in particular, but now I would like to tag few of our new visitors to this blog. Arindam Dey, Shilpa, Sumit, Pooja, Rane, Mr. R, suga, Nandhini, Vipul, (Hope he would be very excited doing this tag. I saw his comment in Shankar's :-)

31 comments:

Indian Pundit said...
August 24, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Great Read friend.

""Saravana Bhavan (Chennai)"" i really look forward to eating there.

i heard so many good things about it.

Cheers

Bharathi said...
August 24, 2009 at 7:20 PM

@ Indian Pundit: Thanks pal.

Saravan Bhavan is also famous for the controversies created by its owner Annachi Rajagopal :-). you can ask any Chennaiites for interesting three love stories of him. LOL.

Lakshmi Rajan (Mr.R) said...
August 24, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Enna koduma sir ithu Bharathi , enna tag pannitinga :)

btw , i bet this is tough to fill all this 8 marvels ! Should be an nineth wonder of the world , if i finish it.

btw , looking forward to your nex posts :)

Bharathi said...
August 24, 2009 at 7:57 PM

@ Mr. R: Ha ha ha. 'Enna Koduma sir ithu' is very contagious.

It took nearly a week to decide on completing this tag. I would recommend it. you can try. It is fun and you can know little more about your own self :-)

Amit414@IT-BHU said...
August 24, 2009 at 9:37 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amit414@IT-BHU said...
August 24, 2009 at 9:38 PM

it's nice post...

gr8 learning from the past....:)

"Mind plays major role in happiness and sadness" I really value it..:)

:)

Shilpa said...
August 24, 2009 at 9:55 PM

you tagged me! i am very bad at these things. anyways i will definitely try..

http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com said...
August 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Interesting :)

>>Enna koduma sir ithu - I dunno tamil explain me Plz...
and I did not like ur point on there is nothing called ideal match :¬/

Shruti said...
August 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM

@bharathi!
atlast you finished this tag!!
It took you an entire week eh?!
Great!!

your presence of mind is just awesome! The way you managed your answers!!

"Dont expect anything from anyone and you will be happy" is the pick of everything!

You are great!!

will tag you something peculiar!! you can find your name among the top :P

keep smiling

Vipul Grover said...
August 25, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Hey u'v creatd too mch hype about ur nxt post.. um wndring wats in store for us!!!!
Nd yeah i hop u gt the nice beautiful secretry.. amen
Well, thnx 4 tagging.. actually shruti already tagged reading my same cmmnt.. If I hav frnds like u, i dont need enemies :p
Nd finally, see my latest post.. thrs sumthing 4 u:)

pra said...
August 25, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Like to visit heaven and hell! Well... That is good one! :-) Even the last three innovative places you like to eat are hilarious!

Bharathi said...
August 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM

@Amit: Thanks pal. I learned that truth after many long experiments :-). I value that as an important truth in life.

@ Shilpa: Tags are generally very easy and interesting. I used to write one when ever I feel bored. I am sure you would love it. Try.

@ Suga: 'Enna koduma sir ithu' is a phrase from famous tamil movie Chennai 28. It became very popular. An innocent person facing tight situation with a comedy sence will say this. SHRUTI or SHANKAR or any tamil speaking perople, can you trnslate this for Suga. I am finiding it difficult.

And regardign 'there is no ideal match' Keep your mind open. may be you can find situation satisfying this :-).

@ Shruti: I am glad that you liked all the crap and cheating I did to fill in 8 points :-)

It didnt take one week to do this tag. It took one week to decide doing this one. I actually completed this in just half and hour (Thanks for my escapism)

And yeah, I dont mind doing interesting tags.

@ Vipul: Oh God. I didnt mean to create any hype. The next post is just normal post explains on my future plan (not academic or career). There is a high chance for it to be boring as I am going to discuss about me :-)

@ Pra: Thanks friend. I am glad that you liked it.

Shankar said...
August 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM

ha..ha... an IAS aspirant turning into a prisoner...lol... Vipul is going to kill you.....

completing 8 was so diffcult for you??

And bharathi were you a chemistry teacher before...

when I saw ur pic in orkut..you resembled my chemistry teacher..my 12th standard chemistry teacher..you both look the same... and same name too..his name is also bharathi... he was my favourite teacher and I was his favourite student... Got my school first in chemistry that year...

and there is strong resemblence....

Bharathi said...
August 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM

@ Shankar: Nice to know my double act is somewhere around the corner. But the distance between me and chemistery is very long (love chemistery apart ;-))

Nandhini said...
August 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM

:D Seriously Tags are the best inventions to break a bloggers block! :D and kinda gives a human touch to the personality that writes a blog right?

I see i am tagged.. it's gonna go into my list of things to do.. :D

Insha allah will be done by ramadan :P

http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com said...
August 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

@ Bharthi : I hope/wish not :)

Dhiman said...
August 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I have tasted Sarvana Bhavan and Ponnuswamy , Vadapalani don't know its a chain like Sarvana Bhavan and they were awesome....BTW I was overwhelmed by the servings of Ponnuswamy ...Being a Foodie "8 FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT" drew my attention most ;)

Bharathi said...
August 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM

@ Nandhini: Will wait for your tag along with yummy Ramadan Biriyani from some of my muslim friends.

@Suga: I would be happy to speak to you after you found one :-)

@ Dhiman: I think Ponnuswamy have couple more hotels in chennai. I left chennai long ago and I visit rarely. At the moment Venu Biriyani is my clear favourite.

Shankar said...
August 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM

@ bharathi: even I dont have a clue about explaining those phrase..sorry I read your comments very lately....thats why didnt respond...

how to explain??

@suga: how would you feel when someone tells you a funny dialogue when you are in a very serious situation or when you are in a trouble.... thats how you react in tamil to that funny phrase...(hope suga understands it).... may be I will ask shruthi to give a detailed explanation....

http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com said...
August 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM

@ Shankar : thanksy so much ...I understood the phrase ... thanks alot :)

Bharathi said...
August 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM

@ SHankar: Thanks Shankar for trying to explain.

@ Suga: I am happy that you understood. To make sure I will explain a little unarthodox

Enna = What
Koduma = Difficulty, disaster etc.
Sir = Sir
Ithu = This

http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com said...
August 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

@ Bharthi : haha ... thanksy :)

Shankar said...
August 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM

ha..ha..funny explanation bharathi...

what difficulty sir this?? lol....

Bharathi said...
August 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM

@ Shankar: :D

http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com said...
August 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM

haa ha ... tht certainly was hilarious ... bt i really understood .... haha ... thts the best explaination i hav ever gt ....
hehehe :P
so much fun to read :P

Rane (The Orchid with All Shades Pink) said...
August 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM

thank you for tagging me Bharathi.. i will take it up soon.. :)

Rane

Bharathi said...
August 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM

@ Rane: pls leave a comment in my latest post when u finished it.

Shas said...
August 29, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Had fun reading your replies. These days its better to watch cats, tigers & snakes on TV than those sobbing pancaked females.
Am sure your wife won't mind if you would appoint her as your secretary...lolzz

Bharathi said...
August 29, 2009 at 10:35 AM

@ Shas: I am happy that you enjoyed it.
Regarding my secretary, I think girls all over the world join together to find innovative ways of spoiling a man's freedom and happiness. Oh god. (jus kiddin)

The Survivor said...
August 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Made a nice read

Bharathi said...
August 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM

" Survivor: Tks pal.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin