Money fetish - A character to watch

Pre Note:
Since this may be a serious post I would like to add a 55-fiction story at the end of this post to make you all happy :-).

I would like to introduce you to a new character whom I recently named as Money fetish. Probably many of you should have encountered such characters in your life but for those who haven’t, I have given a few tips on how to identify them. Please bear with me for a little bit of sarcasm which I couldn’t help holding back because of all the atrocities that I have watched in all my life.

They see everyone and everything as money. If you go in front of them, they convert your self in to the amount of money that you can bring to them.

If you don’t follow them in their evaluation technique, they will call you as mad, impractical and inefficient.

If they catch you speaking on ethics and social service, they see you as an aborigine came travelled in time machine and tell you that you don’t fit this current world.

They have extreme pride about the money they posses and use it in whatever the way possible to get their work done. They don’t mind saluting the same person they stamped the day before and they will do this without even a small guilt.

Even if they find money in drainage they won’t hesitate taking this and they would be extremely proud defending this act.

Being like this will only fetch them non reliable people around, but without knowing this, they will call whole world isn’t reliable.

They call all those who have less money than them as inept, forgetting the fact that there are more people who are richer than them to call them inept.

Since because they earned some money, they think they are efficient enough to speak on any topic on earth starting from communism to strategies followed in cricket.

If you find majority of the above traits in a single person, then you can call him/ her as money fetish. They are mainly found in business. But in the last decades they entered politics too. When social workers and leaders were there in politics, India flourished but when the moment these money fetishes entered politics,…. What to say. You all know the current state.

I believe hospitals are divine profession and only people with high dignity and service mind should do this. But these fetishes entered this area in the recent decades along with politics.

They don’t care about the first aid required for a dying patient. They will be busy judging the emotional attachment of their blood relations and their wealth to calculate how much money they can loot from them.

Let us assume a situation that they are right, in being self centered. They accumulate best wealth, a beautiful bungalow, the most luxury car and cash every where. But what will they do if rest of this country is poor. What will they do if it stinks when they come out of their bungalow. Where will they drive their luxury car when the roads are poor. Whom will they converse when the rest of the country men pursue below standard life.

Only people who are totally obsessed with money can be like this. Only those who faced the strong humiliation from their own kind in young age will behave like this. So, when you encounter someone like this, don’t ever treat them as a successful person. Don’t show fake respect in front of them. Don’t appreciate them in front of anybody and don’t recognize them as a dignified person in the society. Those adulation are the food for their fetishism and it will eat that, grow fast and spoil this society in great pace. At least let us kill it by starvation. Just treat them as a normal human being with a little sympathy. After all they are mental patients. That is the reason why I call them as money fetish. Isn’t fetishism a mental problem to address?

55-fiction:
As per my promise early, I am giving this 55-fiction here. When I was reading Vipul’s post today, I thought my intended comment has the stuff of a 55-fiction, within. And that was the inspiration to create this though I don’t know if that satisfied my thought.
"This is Saturday, 9 in the morning. Will be a busy day for me. Should start work immediately. I looked at my blog roll. Sipul has updated his blog. Oh God. His posts will be long. Will make me think and take more time. I saw his post now. Thank God it is a 55-fiction."
Post Note:
  1. 55 fiction is a very short story which does not have more than 55 words. In the morning I read about all the rules of it with the help of Mr. R's comment on Vipul's post. I don’t know if I satisfied all the rules. I really don’t mind it as long as you enjoy it.
  2. I am glad and thankful for the fact that the previous post “Why Marriage” has been selected as one of the “spicy Saturday picks” by Blog Adda on 8th Aug 2009. This wouldn't have been possible without your support. Thanks a lot pals.
Image courtesy: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/greed.jpg

30 comments:

http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com said...
August 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM

hey unno I have two seniors in office ... much worse than wat u have explained here ... huh ... they suck big tym wen it cums to money ... bt I dunno coz I like them as a person ... they are good, kind and caring ... so ... dunno wat so say ... :)

Bharathi said...
August 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM

@Suga: It seems that you are unadulterated now. I am happy about that. Keep it that way.
Nice to see you back here.

Vipul Grover said...
August 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

lol lol lol.. frst of all thnx 4 all d publicity :p nd yeah thr is no need to stick 2 any rules in 55-fiction.. i actually just made up all tht xplanation 2 justify mine..(hush hush keep it a secret;)
Lets c if i cn do d same with ur one:
1.Fifty-five words or less (A non-negotiable rule) - exactly 55
2.A setting - a satrday morning sitting in frnt of pc
3.One or more characters, - you n Sipul n God
4.Some conflict, - should i read it, should i not
5.A resolution. (Not limited to moral of the story). - lets read it; thnk God its a 55 Fiction
Howzzat!!

Now congratulations on BlogAdda spicy pick.. way 2 go.. now try 2 gt one tuesday tangy pick:)

Nd finally cmmnting on ur main post - thts true very mch true i blive.. frankly i've not seen as mch ppl n wrld as u hav seen, bt surely sch money fetishes r thr.. once i encounterd a 'fame' fetish prsn. he just was hungry 4 accolades, cud do anything 2 satisfy his pride, is a vry respectable social wrkr in Chndigrh (though its a known secret he also runs an illegal business).. nd yeah u hav usd d wrd social wrkr in vry respectable terms here.. being frm this field, i vry well know wat kind of social wrk most of thm do.. most r such fame fetishes who jus do it as a formality 2 gt their picture in newspaper.. (nd well mostly they r businessmen like ur money fetishes)

Bharathi said...
August 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

@Vipul: Thanks a lot for your analysis pal. I am glad that it satisfied all the rules. Now lets wait for the big one. Have the readers enjoyed it. Need to wait for comments.
Thanks a lot for congratulating. Hope I can get Tangy tuesday picks too if you pals keep supporting to make me an improved blogger as you did untill now. (I can also be diplomatic. Cant believe. LOL. Jus kidding)
I have seen too many of these money fetishes. Beware if you encounter one.

Sid 'Ravan' Kabe said...
August 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I am trying to snuggle this post in my morning email to my boss...will post his reactions here...;)

Bharathi said...
August 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

@ Sid: LOL. Eagerly waiting for your next update.

The Survivor said...
August 8, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Congrats on your post being chosen.

These people exist everywhere but they are a sad reflection of where our society is heading towards, there life revolves around the money.

Sat_hi_sh said...
August 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM

a truly factful post bharathi...

keep it up[:)]
i really admire ur posts[:)]

VISHNU said...
August 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM

money is a tool tht we created.. n it has taken over us.. basically our fault.. n money fetishes r basically weak hearted business-minded pple..would like to share sumthin with u..
the foll is a conversation between me n x:
me:so watcha gonna do after engineerin??
x:mba i guess thts the latest trend to earn money..
me:then y did u take up engg?? u could have taken up b.com..
x:in case i dont get an IIM.. i always hav a bckup..

this is the situation rite nw..

Bharathi said...
August 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

@ Survivor: Thanks pal. and thanks for a like minded reply.

@Sathish: thanks for your comment pal. I am glad that you liked this post.

@Vishnu: You are correct. and you are very correct with your conversation.

Shruti said...
August 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Bharathi, congrats for the BlogAdda spicy pick.
Now coming to your blog, i was stunned wen i saw all my thoughts in my mind, which i've analysed about ppl i've met so far in my life! Wonderful narrations about Money Fetish! People accumulate wealth and more money, They don understand its the same 6feet of land that they are going to be buried in without that money! During this intermediate time they do so much!
Wen i studied this i suddenly remembered a russian proverb.. It goes like this:
When money speaks, the truth keeps silent.
Even law becomes blind for such money fetish. How much ever they do,They won get punished!
U rocked in this blog!
its just my opinion..
"Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. "

Bharathi said...
August 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM

@Shruti: Thanks for congratulating and your nice comment.
Regarding your last sentence. You are absolutely right. I used to say to my friends that "Money will not make you happy but it can make others believe that you are happy"

Dhiman said...
August 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM

@Vipul you seem to have taken Mr. R very seriously and trying to "fit" the rules of 55-Fiction on each one of them ;)
@Bharathi Congratz for getting picked for Spicy Saturday Pick...and regarding the main post I liked
"I think the only thing they didnt do in educational institution is to sell under wears with their name on it to students"
how true ...

Vipul Grover said...
August 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM

@Dhiman.. actually i realsid, tht how all of us write a 55er revolving around a conflict inadvertently.. (read it as; yes i m luving 2 twist evry 55er 2 make it fit the rules ;)

Bharathi said...
August 9, 2009 at 5:50 PM

@ DHiman: Thanks for congratulating and I am really happy that you enjoyed it.
Making 55-fiction to fit is indeed a challenge but I like to keep it more entertaining than to fit the rules.

pawan said...
August 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I liked the first half of the post very much. It is absolutely true and there is a friend of mine who absolutely treats everyone as money cow's. HE grabs what's needy from everyone and then doesn't care a fuck afterwards. These kind of people are extremely successful and in the end they put up some holy business to drop shit into the world.

And about educational institutions and Hospitals, we have seen changes haven't we?

And about the 55 fiction. I hated it. But I shall give you some support, try harder! Maybe I am being a bit harsh but I found it boring and it lacked an element of surprise. Please don't think otherwise and congrats for the Saturday's pick thingy!

Bharathi said...
August 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM

@Pawan: Thanks for your honest comment pal. Probably you are right as I dont get many comments on 55-fiction. Nevertheless I am happy that you liked this post.
As far as I see, money finatics are still found in education and health industry in considerable numbers. Any way i would be happy if it is otherwise.

Vipul Grover said...
August 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM

@pawan.. hey buddy, dont hate bharathi, i mean his 55er :p
it was jus a mutual joke b/w me nd bharathi, so ofcourse othrs will not get the humour.

@bharathi..Making 55-fiction to fit is indeed a challenge but I like to keep it more entertaining than to fit the rules.
i gt d pun man.. bt sumtimes making things fit sum rules is gud 2 satisfy those who care too mch about thm.. moreovr thrs a diffrnce b/w making a concious effrt 2 fit the rules frm d starting or jus creating an illusion aftrwrds 2 satisfy the 'rule' fetishes.. evn thts a source of entrtainmnt ;)

Indian Pundit said...
August 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Hi Bharathi

No wonder many of these guys have CHEATING WIVES......and u cant blame the wife!!!

They are so obsessed with money that they forget to take care of their family!!!

Great post.

Cheers

Indian Pundit said...
August 10, 2009 at 2:30 AM

55-word fiction was good!!

Check out my recent tag post.

Bharathi said...
August 10, 2009 at 9:21 AM

@ Vipul: Thanks for your support pal. But I dont have any problem with pawan's feedback. I indeed like honest feedbacks.

Regarding rules, I think I can agree with you.

@ Indian Pundit: Thanks for your nice comments. Will check your recent post.

Shankar said...
August 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM

wow..i have to congratulate you for two reasons

for Saturday spicy picks...
great start to your 55 fiction....good one....

and about money fetish....

most of them in this world does everything for money...

the poor thing about money is they never get satisfied with what they earn... if someone earns 1 million..he/she would not be satisfied and would like to get 2 million...or even more...

I feel like this is not the place where human values are being cherished..instead everything is based on money now a days.

In this world one is not being measured with amount of knowledge,character or stuff he has.... but one is measured with how much money he has...

"Being like this will only fetch them non reliable people around, but without knowing this, they will call whole world isn’t reliable."

Simply superb thinking... I like those lines a lot..

Bharathi said...
August 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM

@ Shankar: welcome back to blogosphere after a short break. I was missing your posts and comments then.

I thank you for congratulating and I am glad that you liked this post.

Mr.R said...
August 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Man made money sadly now money makes a man in many's life . Good post. I think I am bit late , now that i added you in the blog roll let me see if i can make the earliest comment in your nex update :p

lol :p ya i think you managed the 55- guideline very well :D Seems like i became 55-fiction police :p

and congratz for the blogadda selection ! :)

Bharathi said...
August 11, 2009 at 5:12 PM

@ Mr. R: thanks for adding me in the blog roll and Im glad that you liked this post.

Nothing wrong in being 55-fiction police but dont forget to collect maamool (ohh money fetish hangover :-))

Mr.R said...
August 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Hey Bharathi ,

I have attempted my maiden 55 fiction story. Would love your feedback :D

Ashish said...
September 27, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Sorry for putting a late comment on your post. Love your description of 'Money Fetish'. And yah the point that we made through our posts is similar. The 'Money fetish' people don't deserve respect. I was watching one show on some TV News channel last week. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, the two richest billionaires, addressed the wanna be 'successful' students of some university. And both of these guys defined the word 'Success' as not only having money but as 'having your loved ones around you happy'. They admitted that they have seen people who they call as 'Successful', who are not that rich but who have a happy family with them :). It was really nice to see the two billionaires being so like minded on the word 'Successful'. Excellent post. Keep posting :).

Bharathi said...
September 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM

@ Ashish: I am very happy that you browse through my older posts. Your info on Buffet and Gates is quite new to me and interesting too. sure I will quote this to someone :-). Thanks for commenting.

Attitude tees said...
October 10, 2009 at 11:34 PM

What is the best way to save money when u have a jordan shoe fetish.?

Attitude tees said...
December 2, 2009 at 6:59 PM

This guy is using my pics on his fetish website to make money I didn't sign a release?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin