Day before yesterday I saw this movie ‘Kandasamy’ with my friends after lying to my wife that I am visiting my friend’s on an important issue (she doesn’t read my blogs. I can’t see any movie second time for Gods shake and I am wondering how I can escape if she asks me to take her again. Any suggestions?)
A particular dialogue in the movie made me to write this post for which I need to give a very brief description. This is a Robin Hood kind of movie (I haven’t seen even a single Robin Hood movie yet but I comfortably use this cliché whenever possible).
At one part the hero will say, “lots of business men deposited their illegally earned money in foreign banks. If we can cease that money, every family in India will get a lakh rupee. Only because they have more money, they spend it in wrong ways. If they have limited money, will they give one lakh a day to persuade a collage girl to have sex or will they hire an actress for thirty lakhs for a dance? So let us take it from them and give it to the needy”
This seems to be very emotional and gives justification to hero image that he is helping others. Not only has the superhero in this movie but also many of us believe money is the only solution for misery. But for me it’s not about the money but it’s about the way we earn money. The super hero feels the villain is doing all the wrong things only because he has abundance of money. I agree, but I feel the person who gets the money freely, will also do the same thing in due course. Pls read the short story below to get a better understanding.
A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared; he sat and watched the butterfly. For several hours it was struggling to force its body through that little hole.
Seeing the pain of the butterfly, the man decided to help the butterfly, so he took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.
The butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.
What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly. To get through the tiny opening were nature's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings, so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.
I believe money and respect are the two things that each and every person should earn by themselves. Nature wants us to search for food (money) to give us the lessons of life, hidden underneath every difficulty we face in that process. If anything is given free the beneficiary not only looses the valuable experiences but also fails to understand the worth and misuses it. For this matter I am also against transfer of assets that spoils a generation as like the butterfly. Instead of giving money free, the super hero (in the movie) or the government (in reality) should create a better environment where everyone can earn money. By better environment I mean a place where they eliminate the situation of rich becoming richer, poor becoming poorer and give chance to even new comers, have strict laws to remove dishonest practices in business, have training and education to learn the best method to do business etc. By this way we can naturally accumulate wealth without spoiling the wisdom or else I think we can only produce so many money fetishes as I explained in my other post MONEY FETISH – A CHARACTER TO WATCH.
And here comes my short review for those die hard movie fans :-)
- The romance between Shreya and Vikram was good. I enjoyed it.
- The rerecording was awful as like some bee went into my ears. The songs were just OK.
- The movie looked very rich. The Mexican shots were nice.
- Vadivelu comedy made me frown and it didn’t really jell well with the story line. And I felt the songs and the comedy were the speed breakers). The movie is very long and little slow.
- I liked the dirty dance by the villain for the last song. Very funny.
- After the super hero was arrested, no autorikshaw guys, conductor, slum lady and old person was there to comment about this in TV in local language (Arasialvathingalla vuda antha pulla ennah thappu senjiruchu sir) as like in Shankar’s film. Thank God I was sick of these sort of scenes.
- At last tamil film industry understood a hero cant fly and gave reasons. I appreciate this. Accept my garlands director sir.
- In short, you wont look for me if I say, 'you can watch it once'.