Love Marriage

இந்த பூமியை புதுப்பித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கும் விஷயங்கள் இரண்டு தான்.
ஒன்று உழைப்பு, மற்றொன்று காதல்.
உழைப்பு மட்டும் இல்லை என்றால் இந்த பூமி தோன்றிய பொழுதில் இருந்து தோற்றத்திலேயே இருந்திருக்கும்.
காதல் மட்டும் இல்லை என்றால் ஆதாம்-ஏவாளுக்கு பிறகு மனிதத் தொடர்ச்சியே இல்லாமல் போயிருக்கும்



(Translation: work and love are the two factors that keep renewing this world. if there was no work, there wouldn't have been any development. If there was no love there wouldn't be any living things apart from Adam and Eve.)


My cousin's above face book status prompted me to write this post.


DONT GO AWAY PRESUMING HIGH DOSE OF DRYNESS IN THE POST. THOUGH IT IS TRUE, I HAVE AN ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOU AT THE END.


Though I like to make this world a better place for our fellow beings, I really don't bother for the prolonged existence of this world as it is creator's headache. 


What impressed me most in this status message was the closeness he came to understanding nature.


If we watch carefully, nature wants us to lead our life in a certain way. Nature wants this world to ever evolve. So it created interest between male and female. I guess that is what we call as love.


Nature created hunger, prompting us to work. Then we created egos, jealousy and greed making it easy for nature.


Though I understood that nature wants us to lead our life in a certain way, I really don't know if I have to obey nature or rebel against it. That is the biggest question I face now. Now a days, I really don't bother to rebel against anything or anyone. Probably that is what made me an atheist, agnostic and what ever 'eist' I am now. I appreciate this. yeah, self appreciation. I dont care.


One thing that I cant stand in our culture is, its enmity to love marriage. For me, love is neither divine nor untouchable. Its just natural. Absolutely natural. As I said above, nature wants a male to love a female. It will happen to every one as like hunger, because it is programmed such a way. where as marriage is societal. Our society created marriage for various reasons that I have already discussed in two other topics, here and here.


Probably, this society should have setup arranged marriage as a system to save people who would not be able to find their mates for various reasons. I strongly believe there would be someone who likes a person if not all. so this reason doesn't seem to be convincing for suppressing a very natural behavior called love.


saying this, I am not going to assure you all sunshines and rainbows when we get love marriage. Managing a girl is an art which I havn't mastered yet. it takes a lot of sacrifice, compromise and understanding to make a successful relationship irrespective of it arising from love marriage or arranged marriage. And also one have to seriously think on managing this society after that. All I want to say is that, I just didn't like the idea of suppressing a very natural behavior of love by installing a system called arranged marriage.


After reading such a boring and tiny opinion, you can enjoy watching this. A stress reliever. But dont look for me after watching this, instead look for him.


After a long time, I finished it very short. Am happy. very happy. I am sure you too. Bye.

12 comments:

Chandramouli said...
January 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Love, I once read, is a verb and not a noun. It need not be just between man and woman. Love can be extended to every other being. Now, on love marriage. Parents, per se, don't object to love marriage. They are concerned about the partners' compatibility on food habits, culture, religion, caste,language, family roots,country/state one hails, etc. And many believe in ascertaining some of these aspects through comparing horoscopes. All these factors could significantly affect one's adapatability to the other. The objective is usually to ensure that the marriage doesn't end up in a costly divorce. But, if the couple are determined to raise above their differences (which are bound to be there even in arranged marriages but the instances could be less, I guess), there should be no hindrance to successful love marriages. I write this from my experience, though I don't give much significance to horoscope matching.

Bharathi said...
January 27, 2011 at 1:43 PM

@Chandramouli: well analyzed comment. I have no complains or counter arguments. thanks for your comment though.

Arif Tak said...
January 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Why Love Marriage... Why not JUST Love... :)

Bharathi said...
January 31, 2011 at 10:07 AM

@Arif: I like that Idea. what an idea sirji.

Matangi Mawley said...
February 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM

the whole 'love' and 'arranged' thing has got very complicated. it's all the way we look at it. indian society has still not evolved into a phase of acceptance. this is not only for the 'love' 'arranged' scenario- but for many other things as well. it would take time.

good write-up!

Bharathi said...
February 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM

@ Matangi: Tks.

Shilpa said...
March 2, 2011 at 8:31 PM

you got tagged. :) visit my blog to see it.
.
.
.
shilpa

Bharat said...
May 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Its very beautiful blog I love this type of blog. Its is very attractive and very informative. good job dear keep it up. arya court marriage delhi, arya samaj court marriage delhi

Bharathi said...
May 21, 2011 at 9:32 AM

tks bharat

Bharat said...
May 21, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Welcome dear :-) its arya samaj marriage, arya samaj mandir in delhi

Arya samaj said...
August 30, 2011 at 4:35 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harveer said...
October 17, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. arya samaj wedding, arya samaj meerut.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin